Hey fam,
Well it has only been a short little while since we last united, but
quite a bit happened. It was pretty neat.
So back to Wednesday. It was a weird P-Day. It was supposed to be
shortened and all, but for us it pretty much ended up being a chill
day all day. P-Day "ended" an hour earlier, but we were going fishing
15 minutes after that so we just stayed in our casual clothes and
shortly found ourselves at the Branch President's cute pond. It's more
like a small lake. Now, the way that we justified this activity, was
finding investigators to go with. Thanks Diamond family! So we chilled
and fished the rest of the night pretty much. (It was a 40 minute
drive there and back). It was really relaxing and just what I needed.
I was refueled with motivation and energy for the next year. Also, I
caught the cutest little catfish ever. It was probably a 5 incher.
Lolz. The Branch President's daughter caught a 30 incher. Shoot! Haha.
And our investigators caught 4 fish, so that was super impressive.
That was many hoots and hollers.
Anyway, back into real missionary work... The next day was great! And
so was the next day! And the next day! We set a new person with a
baptismal date each of those 3 days, so hopefully there should be more
soon this transfer. We asked one girl and she was so happy that she
couldn't stop smiling. It feels so good to know that people are making
these changes in their lives for the right reasons. The missionary
motto is in fact, Teach Repentance, Baptize Converts, so that's always
cool to see after many months of working hard.
On Saturday we helped with some gardening and then did more gardening!
I have no idea why, but I love making a yard nice and pretty. I just
love the act of making something look better than it originally was.
It is so fulfilling.
Sunday was fast, and probably the best fast Sunday ever. Sometimes they can be scary for new investigators and such, but
every testimony was awesome. Near the end, Brother Diamond (who will
be baptized this weekend) stood up and bore his testimony. It almost
brought tears to my eyes because he started from the beginning when I
met him in December. Awwwe. That was one of my favorite testimonies.
It was little and simple and not very in depth... But it was a start.
A testimonies are beautiful and unique and I just love it from an
artistic sense. Woo! After church we had to start teaching their son a
bunch of stuff so he would be ready for baptism. He's a good kid with
limitations of sorts...
Other fun stuff.
- Saw a massive tarantula crawling across the road so I had to stop
and check it out.
- Bro Zuniga said his bench was made out of Christ's cross...
- Branch Coordination turned into watching the Branch mission leader
try to chug a baby bottle...
- we visited a historical landmark and there was literally nothing
there... Lolz.
I love you all! This Gospel is super true and brings hope into each of
our lives. I know that Christ is our Savior and Redeemer and it's
through him that this life has purpose.
Stay safe.
Stay cool.
Keep on keepin on.
Elder Thorkelson
P.O. Box 766
Yorktown, Texas 78164
No comments:
Post a Comment