| A cool looking church |
So I guess I've been gone a year tomorrow so that's neat.
This week wasn't too wild overall, but the first few days were a hoot.
Well first of all, for P-Day we hung out with the Seguin Elders. They
are pretty cool guys. We had a Nerf gun fight in the gym at the
church... It was pretty intense. Haha. I didn't think it would get so
heated. I had myself a nice handcannon and by the end I was doing
pretty well.
But anyway, later that night we started exchanges so Elder Bullinger
and I pretty much rocked the Yorktown area. We stopped by this guy's
house who sounded super excited to talk to us and he totally ignored
us and when we called him he hung up on us. So that was super lame,
but Yanno, sometimes God takes you somewhere to find someone else. We
walked around that neighborhood and met 3 more people who were pretty
interested. They were like, "I've always wondered why there are so
many different religions from the same Bible.." That's the perfect
thing to wonder! Haha.
The next day was so cool. Kinda weird too because we had to skip all
studies for some service. Well, first, we fixed a truck for the
Diamond family. Yanno, manly things. Then we did more service and
knocked down a tin shack. It was the coolest thing I've ever done.
First, we took the regular approach with crowbars such, plying the
nails out of the wood. Then, to our amazement we saw a really neat
washing machine that was 1950's style. The member really desired this
machine. The easiest way to get it out was to take down the wall
completely, so from the inside I had a sweet idea to double kick the
wall down. Lolz. So I held the boards on the ceiling in a fashion that
I could swing. With this advantage I progressed to swing and kick out
the walls with my two feet. I felt more powerful than ever. (This
shack was super ghetto and I'm glad it didn't collapse) then another
obstacle was ahead because the framework made it difficult to remove
the antique machine. To solve this, we took a mini sledgehammer,
called the worm, and I destroyed the board. Haha, that was really
neat. I like productive destruction. Elder Bullinger and I had to take
a little break after that to recover. We were exhausted.
Later that day, one of our investigators was impersonating a guy on
fake weed (his cousin). He said he kept having seizures and it looked
like the exorcist. He then proceeded to get on the ground and act it
out. It was one of the most hilarious things Elder Bullinger and I had
ever seen an investigator do. I still chuckle as I remember him
rocking back and forth on the ground. He's a spaz. Haha.
Well the rest of the week was pretty average. We had some great
lessons and set another couple with a baptismal date! That's cool.
Another investigator is a punk artist guy. He became an insane Barber
in prison and this week I'm gonna try to convince him to give me a
haircut in exchange for service. I hope it works. He also said he
would make me a long board and I will also discuss that with him...
People have such neat lives.
We had stake conference yesterday and it was probably one of the best
stake conferences ever. I don't even remember what it was about
really, but it just felt really good. Elder Tilleman of the Seventy
spoke and he was so good. He was drafted into the NBA and he played in
the Olympics before he left on his mission. Apparently he's pretty
good at basketball. Like I said, I don't remember much, but it just
felt like a bunch of long testimonies. It was so cool to hear each of
them testify of the Book of Mormon. Yanno, that's a good book. I've
been reading it and recently it's just been like a movie going on in
my head. It's the coolest thing. It's definitely the word of God here
for us to bring us closer to Christ. That's it! That's the purpose of
it!
Well neat. I wasn't planning on writing this much but, Elder Palmer is
getting a haircut right now so... We gonna play Volley Ball today. I
like that activity. Love you all!!😁❤️
Elder Thorkelson
| A 40 year old horse. |
| Nerf action shot |
No comments:
Post a Comment