Friday, May 19, 2017

Dia 371, car accident and chain saws

Hey fam

Sorry but I'm gonna keep this email really short because we are going
good to a cave today. Apparently there's a cave in Texas, so that
should be an above average experience.



But anyway, on Monday we had zone P-Day which was a hoot and a holler,
but Yanno what just had to happen? Some wise guy decided to flip a
U-turn and turned right into us. It was so lame. It was the slowest,
weirdest car accident ever. And it was about 300 feet from the
volleyball court we were going to... All the other missionaries just
watched from afar and took pictures. Haha, so that was neat. Then we
played kickball and I kicked some dingers.





We had some good lessons and such and zone conference was pretty good.
I just really love seeing other missionaries. It is such a treat. They
talked a lot about ward council and how it should really go and such.

- We found a neat inactive person who is totally nice and wants to
teach his kids the Gospel! That was neat.
- Bro Diamond almost chopped himself in half with a chainsaw, which
was terrifying. It whipped behind his back after chopping a tree and
he never let go of the gas! # protection
- Mango habanero wings are pretty hot.
- We found a sweet inactive person.
- a former investigator randomly showed up to church yesterday and it
made my life. That was a miracle. Haha. He had been taught for 16
months and then vanished. He came back yesterday with his daughter and
grandkids to officially say bye and he loved church so we are sending
missionaries to his new address. They drove 5 hours! ❤️
- A gay guy took us out for breakfast tacos today. He's super not
interested, but way chill. It was probably my favorite food
appointment I've ever had. He's a homie.

And yep. That's about it. This week I read Alma 30-40 and I would
highly suggest those chapters. Especially the early 30's. It's amazing
how nearly everything in there relates exactly to the world today. The
Gospel simply provides a way to feel the true joy of repentance. It's
a way to peace and happiness, not condemnation. Hah, love y'all!

Besitos <3 span="">
Elder Thorkelson

No comments: