Hey fam!
Well I'm gonna be a zone leader. Lolz. Look out San Antonio.
Wow this week was a hoot and a half. It began very well above average
as we explored the depths of a fairly impressive cave in New
Braunfels. We got a private tour from a member there who owns that
great tourist attraction. It was a little free and everything, but I
decided to buy a silly hat to remember the occasion. Another surprise
was seeing my old MTC companion there! It was just an above average
day.
Except I didn't read any emails because our Mission President made a
temporary rule about reading emails only on P-Day. So sorry, but if
you sent an email last week, I probably didn't get much of a chance to
read it....💁🏼♂️
Well I'm gonna be a zone leader. Lolz. Look out San Antonio.
Wow this week was a hoot and a half. It began very well above average
as we explored the depths of a fairly impressive cave in New
Braunfels. We got a private tour from a member there who owns that
great tourist attraction. It was a little free and everything, but I
decided to buy a silly hat to remember the occasion. Another surprise
was seeing my old MTC companion there! It was just an above average
day.
Except I didn't read any emails because our Mission President made a
temporary rule about reading emails only on P-Day. So sorry, but if
you sent an email last week, I probably didn't get much of a chance to
read it....💁🏼♂️
Then we went on exchanges which was a good time as well... The
District leader is pretty chill... I think pretty trunky, but that is
fine. We finished removing a pile of dirt from a man's yard which had
been there for 17 years.... That was a momentous occasion. He made us
chicken fried steak which was fantastic and also this super good hot
salsa. When we returned home that night a problem approached as a
massive cockroach scurried across the carpet. We were both frazzled
and I screamed like a little girl. But, we decided that we were going
to put an end to this cockroach, so we caught it all on tape and
talked in Australian accents. Basically it disappeared, so we
destroyed the living room in search for it. As we spotted it, I
grabbed an empty shoe box and a Broom (if you squish a cockroach the
odor attracts other cockroaches). I hunted it around the living room
trying to encase it in the shoe box. Eventually, after much screaming
and such, I performed the task and threw it out the door. We decided
that wasn't enough, so we grabbed the box and dropped it off the
balcony. At last we were safe. Gross.😂
Well the rest of the week was pretty sweet. We had a ton of lessons
and stuff. And Yanno, the spirit is a really cool guy.
But back to being a Zone Leader. Haha I was pretty surprised. We were
chilling last night. It pretty much seemed like we were both in the
safe zone because it was 9:58 pm. However one minute later, President
Polley called up and popped the assignment. I'm super excited although
I don't even know how to be a missionary yet! I know how to be a
missionary in the boonies, not the city! But that's aight. It's about
time for a change and I am pumped. I'm going to the South Side of San
Antonio. Like, straight hood. And also the Lackland airforce base. Im
saying bye to the camper in a few days.
Talking to the family yesterday was awesome. They showed me Mike Trout
hitting a HR; just what I needed. ❤️ I love my Mom. She is so amazing
and a great example to me. I'm so grateful for this restored Gospel
which includes the restored doctrine of eternal families. I would be
so lost without that. I could not imagine spending my time in heaven
on the beach without my family there with me. God is great. He's also
a a pretty good designer and artist with caves and mountains and such.
The Church us True
The Book is blue
Moroni is on the ball
And Jesus Christ loves you
Besitos <3 br="">Elder Thorkelson
PS: I know that a majority of you were about to send me a bunch of
packages and letters, but just wait, because I'm leaving Yorktown 😛
The cave was large.
No comments:
Post a Comment