So this week had some sweet highlights so I will be quick about it.
Well P-Day we went bowling so that was hoot. We also checked out the
airforce base and saw a bunch of planes. It was neat.
Tuesday was pretty nuts. So the Hondo Elders have someone getting
baptized and they needed someone to interview her. I decided that it
was my time to shine. I had never conducted an interview so I was
sorta nervous but it is fine. So anyway we turned it into exchanges as
well and I spent the day in Hondo. The first thing we did was back
breaking labor for like 5 hours. Lol. We helped this guy clean out his
chicken coop. Then I had to hold a crazy chicken and calm it down.
After that we proceeded to build a new chicken coop out of nothing. It
is super ghetto.
Anyway the rest of the day was ridiculous. So we have a lesson with
the lady getting baptized... Then some members took her out to dinner
while we set of for the interview... Then the members finally show up
at the church and have the audacity to say, "oh, so we took her home
so she could wash her dog... Don't worry we told her to call the
Bishop, it's fine." Like, NO its not fine, the Bishop has nothing to
do with this. The member proceeds to ask if we have anywhere to go....
We told her yes, we are going to the lady's house because she needs to
be interviewed!! - We arrived there and had the baptismal interview in
her backyard... At the picnic table. I sat on a Bratz blanket. My
companion was chilling next to me... It was pretty unorthodox... Then
her friend pulls up all smoking and such. He sits at the table DURING
the interview.... Luckily my comp was clutch and took him aside to
chat.
The interview itself was amazing. One of the best experiences of the
mission. She had such a great spirit and desire to be baptized.
Although she had a few things she was slightly struggling with, I had
the impression that she needed to be baptized. I took a pack of
cigarettes and committed her to live the Word of Wisdom 100%... Since
the interview she has done it and I am so happy about that. She will
be a great member.
Well that was the highlight of the week.... Yesterday was sweet as
well because one of the Trainees at the military Branch came up to us
with the biggest smile on his face. He told us that he had been
reading as much as he could and he finally received the answer he's
been looking for. He thanked us and told us he wants to become a
member. That was one of the coolest experiences too. So genuine. But
uh, between that not a lot happened. Just teaching and such.
Today I bowled really horribly. It is fine.
I'm also gonna get wrecked at soccer today... But Yanno.
I hope y'all have a wonderful week! Let me know what's up with y'all!😁❤️
Besitos <3 span="">
Elder Thorkelson
8301 Lake Vista Dr #318
San Antonio, Texas 782273>
| Some cool statues about war dogs |
| Blackbird. Hit Mach 3 but it's chill. |
| Exchange pics with Elder Giddens |
| When you try to look like a goon, but just end up looking like a tool. Haha, District Bowling! It was a blast! |
No comments:
Post a Comment