Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Día 441 Marriage! Baptism!

Hey fam.
I am just so exhausted right now, but today has been at least 7 hoots
and 6 hollers.
I'm not super motivated to write a lot, so we will see where this ends up. Haha.

The week started off pretty average, Yanno just teaching and all that
good stuff. On Wednesday we had interviews with President Polley which
was a good time. Before interviews he showed us a chart of baptism
stats for our mission. Basically we are pretty low. But the goal is
just pretty much to talk to 10 new people each day and boost up our
finding skills. I'm excited for this, although it's super difficult.

So part of this finding I asked a guy on the street if he knew his
great-great-grandpa's name... And he totally did and we started
talking about family history and we have a follow-up lesson with him.
It was so cool. One of the best contacts ever.



So fast forward, Friday I went to a wedding. For one of my
investigators... We were the only ones there along with the Branch
President and his wife. Haha it was super short.

Saturday! This newly wed got baptized! It was so sweet! Good feelings.
Sunday! I confirmed him into the church and was happy. His family even
went and supported him. It was so neat. He is super solid.



AlsoSunday, you know you're in a Spanish Ward when the single
sisters go to Little Caesars and buy you pizza...😂 leaving church
with a handful of food. Fantastic!

Today was just nuts. First, we went to the temple to clean it. The San
Antonio temple is beautiful. There is so much stained glass. It was a
great experience. We got to vacuum the rooms and such. It was a
peaceful time. Then we rushed home and changed to go play soccer. It
was super crazy. I am going to be so sore in 2 days. It was worth it
though. We celebrated with Chick-Fil-A which was a good choice.



Anyway that's about it. I studied a lot about opposition this week. It
is so interesting. Literally everything has its opposite. I have
noticed it so many times in the scriptures. Yanno, there are two paths
in life. One that will bring eternal happiness, and one that will not.
The life of Jesus is full of these sorts of comparisons. It's neat.

I love you all. Stay safe and smile.

<3 span="">
Élder Thorkelson

8301 Lake Vista Dr #318
San Antonio, Texas 78227

Lambo. The owner was packing heat.




No comments: