Thursday, January 15, 2009

January 13, 2009

Hello again- another week...come and gone!

Well the usual weather update- on Sunday it snowed cats and dogs! we got a foot overnight! And it continued snowing until yesterday- we might be up to two feet now. And the bizarre thing is that it's ONLY snowing in Jeongeup. haha. Nowhere else in our mission is there snow, maybe a skiff, but nothing that sticks. haha. It’s pretty! It might have been that same snowstorm that hit you at christmas? haha

Oh ceramics- I loved that class so much. Who is your teacher? Mine was Bro. Brown? If he's your teacher see if he remembers me and kay. He was goofy. I’m not sure where my ceramics stuff ended up...odd. Probably in some box somewhere.

Glad you got a hold of Paden for me- Tell Troy "HI!!!" for me. i loved that guy! can't believe he's up and married now- we were at Cedar Badge together!

Well we've really been able to see the Lord's hand in the work this week- we've been led places, people to us and so on- my favorite was this last Monday. We were door knocking in an apartment complex and I knocked on a door...haha...duh....... anyway! They opened the door and it looked like the family was leaving. Everyone with their coats on at the door. I said the usual hello; we're missionaries...blah blah and the man in the back said to us, in English, "hello! This is a members house!" I was really confused from the konglish and cold weather- and he had us come in. sat his family down and started talking to us. Turns out, he served a mission in Seoul back in the day, and has since gone less active. He was funny- talking in English with all these missionary terms. Then he told us none of this family had been baptized yet, apologized to us and said that we need to come over to his house the following Monday, have an FHE and set baptismal dates for them all. haha! Three kids and his wife, then he said his mom needed to get baptized too. Wow! Cool-

Well I need food. I am starving. Almost 2 and I haven't eaten yet!! Where’s my KIMCHI!?!? haha. The church is true. CTR, as usual, say your prayers-
much love- Elder Thork

No comments: