Thursday, January 8, 2009

January 7, 2009

Hello-
I got my transfer calls this Tuesday. I hate waiting for calls. I just pretend to study while my stomach turns. I don't like things like that I can't controll...then I finally get into studying and am all focused when the phone rings and wham- my stomach ties up in a knot...turns out I get another transfer here in my favorite place in Korea- Jeongeup. Elder Boyce gets to stay too.

So funny experience this week- we started off our week with a... Bang. haha. we were just starting off the day like usual prosolyting. talked to a couple people and were waiting at a crosswalk and there was this boy on his bike. we said hi and told him we were missionaries, asked him where he was going then BOOM!!!! his bike tire exploded! haha!!! it scared the crap out of us but mostly him...poor kid. he was already kind of shocked by the fact that these two foreigners were talking to him- then his tire explodes? he literally went into shock- lost all the color in his face, got off his bike, flipped down the kick stand, looked at it and headed across the street. haha we were like, "hey you okay!? you just gonna leave your bike??" he was all, "i don't need it" and kept walking. haha. awkward start to the day, but it made a good journal entry.

Sounds like your trip was fun! I love Thorkelson stories. that's all me and Tati do when we get together is laugh at how odd we are and tell the stories.

I need a photo of this haircut- Tati still have long hair?

Korea and garlic question- yes. garlic is about as popular as kimchi. haha. people eat whole cloves dunked in the famous red pepper paste. haha. oh...i think we celebrate the chinese new year? somthing is coming up that is really big. it's called....so-lar?

same snow is still here- not too much though. it hasn't snowed since though. before long here it seems like it will be spring. ha- i'm sure i'm getting ahead of myself though.

My cold is gone. but THE cold isn't. haha. it's freezing and i lost my ear covers...i'm buying new ones today. aparently they were invented in Korea!? who'd'a thunk??

Oh the other day i was on a split with my district leader Elder Brown- and we bought those suction bags you pack with clothes and suck the air out. packing will be a BREEZE now. I want to transfer just to use them. haha.

Well i am STARVING...i'm gonna go eat some kimchi, garlic and red pepper paste...haha just kidding. i'll probably eat a dohn-casu. MEAT! haha- i've stated taking random pictures of korean food. it always looks so nice. if i remember to take them anyway.

well...i don't think there's anything else. investigators are doing good- kind of in a weird middle phase. we need new ones and the ones we have to either progress or be dropped. nothing too exciting.

Love you all! the church is true! it's crazy!! our church is the ONLY true church in the whole world. ONLY through this church can we make ordinances that will help us obtain eternal life- that's why it's so important to share it. love it.

much love- elder thork

No comments: