I did get Kels and Stacie's letter. I am working on writing them back...haha. we've been busy on our pdays going hiking. I'll tell you about that in a sec.
Camilla is home!? Oh goodness... did I tell you that she met a guy and referred him to my buddy, Elder Rubio, from the MTC and he got baptized!? haha Small world, they served in the same ward.
I love our ward. I feel bad I haven't written them. I'll have to send them a letter and picture.
I wrote David and Shantewa and they didn't write back... boo. Congratz on the second one on the way! Funny surprise.
Funny to hear what everyone is up to. Katie doing recordings!? fun. I thought about us recording the other day, that was fun. Maryann flushed her keys... haha!! She is the best, so funny.
So, this last week we went hiking to a temple. It was really big and pretty! probably the best one I have been to... since I've been to like... two. haha. anyway, this buddhist lady came up and started to try to tell us about why buddhism is right...she apparently used to be christian but says she's found truth in it...but actually she's way more confused than she started off. she was telling us that when she was christian all the churches taught differently. one place you go to will tell you this is wrong and another will tell you this is wrong. one thing that is right one place is wrong another. so she was mad, then found buddhism... which is a load of crap!... sorry buddhists... she went off about how there is no wrong or right. You can't tell if someone is good or bad from their actions, but it depends on the motive behind it. So one persons smoking is okay if they have good motives... what?... and all these people do is practice not thinking all day, literally. Once you can silence your thoughts, apparently you can understand everything, you'll be knowledgeable. She wanted us to see the monks cause she said you can see a glow about them so we were like... sure. I guess, so they come out and they do have a different look... like they are sick and deprived of food. Then there was this younger guy with an older guy, I was like, oh is that a father and son? She said, oh no no no- we are not supposed to be with our families. It distracts us and makes us feel love... what?... anyway, BUDDHISM IS WRONG.
Korea is fine. A lady told me she saw your facebook and it said to not let North Korea bother us! haha. She thought it was funny. She told me to tell you not to worry. North Korea is just a bully. No one is worried about North Korea, they are all just annoyed. it's way too dangerous for him to do anything, as soon as he does everyone is against him and his whole country would be blasted to nothing. Their equiptment is way out of date, no worries. If there was a real problem we would be pulled out before it started. It does make an exciting story though. I was in South Korea when north Korea set off a neuclear bomb and shot short range mistels. haha. How exciting! ^^
Good news, we have a baptism scheduled for the 21st! it's 이재융 the college kid who has wanted to get baptized but wasn't able to attend church. Luckily he is in finals and can't go back up to Seoul cause he has to study. so that means he can stay here and go to church and be baptized. then after finals he'll move back up to Seoul and be able to go to church there during vacation. hurray! he's excited.
Everyone else is kind of at a stand still. dah! Move people! We need to either drop some of these people soon or get them moving. stinkers. I can't believe this transfer is half done, the 25 is transfer day. ah!
All is well here. i'll send a picture with this. The church is true, not buddhists... one God, one Lord, one faith.
much love- elder thork
No comments:
Post a Comment