Oh brother. N Korea is gay. haha.
So I didn't get transferred. I am still here in good old ChungJu...(pronounced Choong-jew)...they don't know how to spell in English. The only change is my companion and status. My new companion is Elder Duckworth from Utah, and I now have to be a senior companion. I don't know how I feel about that. I got to be the responsible one now. ha! Schedule appointments, plan what to teach, lead the lessons...speak...Korean...ha. Hopefully I improve here quickly. they say it does once you turn so hopefully it will. Besides...I’m going to be praying like mad for it to.
Baseball is going well? Summer has officially come again. HOT HOT HOT! Humidity and all, it just turned on one day. How does that happen? Beautiful sunny days, nice breezes, not a lot of humidity...to scorcher, humid and hot. Ouch...my adjectives are getting bad. I’m still way better than a lot of missionaries! haha somehow I’ve been able to hold on to my English really well. Elder brown was terrible at it. haha. Incomplete sentences galore.
That's really exciting about Braden’s singing. What a great opportunity. You’ll have to record some of those concerts for me so I can hear when I come home. Does he know what date he'll graduate? Will I make it??? ^^
I haven't heard from Liz in forever! I’m sure she's really busy with school though since she's put herself on the fast track. Tell her hi if you see her. Lindsay wrote me and told me about Randall! Cool. I can't believe these kids are heading out on missions! Too young, the whole swine flu thing...I don't get it, dropping them off on curbs? I am confused. There is a girl in our ward that came from Utah to visit family and she got a hard time...haha. Everyone said she would give them swine flu. It was funny.
Our investigators are doing well. The smoking dude- last time we met him he came in and gave me his pack of cigarettes and lighter. He told me he was done smoking. It was a really good meeting. We watched a movie called finding happiness- it kind of intros the plan of salvation. He really liked it and left on a spiritual high. We were supposed to meet him last night but he didn't show up. Hopefully it was just a slip of mind- he's like that, so we'll try to find him today. He hasn't got a phone...so that's frustrating. Other than that, not much.
Your dream is way funny! haha don't worry...we don’t' eat goldfish here. But, we do tract. haha. My comp thought it was a funny dream.
Oh my goodness the traveling was crazy today. Elder Duckworth lived in Jeonju and that's like in the middle of our mission...maybe a little more south...anyway I am at the top! So it's far. travel time was 4 hours by train! But it ended up being even longer cause of train times. We got on our first train at 6:30AM and didn't get home till about 4:00PM! dah! so crazy. I am pooped. So our pday is spent, time to go out to eat and work.
I have a feeling this transfer is going to be great! My new comp is sweet- I love the ward and area. I just have to a good feeling, with prayers, faith and hard work we'll get a lot of things done. Elder brown was kind of an apostate missionary...haha, not a bad guy, but not the most focused. I think it slowed us down a lot. He was more concerned about what the girl in the mini skirt was thinking about him than finding someone who needs the gospel. Anyway, it should be a great transfer. Elder Duckworth seems like he is really dedicated and knows why he's here.
Hmm...I guess I better email Shawn. I gave dad a quick note too. Tell the family I love them and tell Kelsey I found a husband for her. ^^ Really tall, handsome farmer boy from Preston, Idaho, who thought it was really attractive that she was an FFA queen. haha. He has a good last name too, It goes with her name, how about, Kelsey Crawsland. haha.
Love you. CTR
elder thorkelson
No comments:
Post a Comment