Thursday, July 2, 2009

July 1, 2009

Another week? Where does the time go? Everyone told me going senior would only make the time go by faster...but I didn't realize how fast! I am only in a week too! It's bound to get faster.

My new companion is awesome! It's a great thing to have a companion who has the same goals in the work as you. I felt kind of down and out of it the past two transfers. Elder Brown was a fun guy, but as far as being excited about the work...not so much. No need to really explain, but I feel like I am back in the game with Elder Duckworth. We are going to get a lot of things done. Amen!

In fact we've seen a lot of things happen just since we've been together. We've had to drop some investigators who weren't really progressing, and found some awesome people to pick up. Some of which literally just walked into our hands. One man walked up to us yesterday and asked, "Where is your church?" haha- needless to say we'll be meeting him again before the week is over. I didn't realize how much there was to think about as a senior. Blah! I knew there was, just didn't realize it. Ha well funny story. As if I wasn't full of being responsible already, President called me up last Friday and asked me to be the District Leader of our district. Ha! Well...I went from absolutely no responsibility to being senior and a leader? We'll see how I hold out. District Leader actually isn't a big deal. All I really have to do is lead our district meetings, do on splits once and have the missionaries in the district call in to me to make sure they are in at night.

I always said I do best under pressure...

The baptism that was supposed to happen last Sunday didn't happen. The boy had a class that he has to attend. Hopefully he doesn't have it this Sunday or else he'll just have to get baptized in the ward in Seoul. Blast! Seoul gets so many of our people! haha...I'm a little bitter...

For a while there I thought the weather was going to kill me.  Luckily it has cooled down really nice. We've got the fans on full-time now. It will be like that until September or October. ugh...

I hate saying month’s cause now I only have one of every month left. An Elder came and visited our ward with his parents before he went home. It was really weird. When I came into the country he was only on his 6th transfer. Now he's dead. AH!!! His parents LOVED the trip. Told me to tell you to call them if you have any questions. ^^ OH...yes, and Elder Mitton is dead too (home). Oh no. I am sad. Everyone is just dropping like flies! Enough of that.

See you! CTR~ study hard

elder thork

No comments: