There has been a lot of things going on-- we've been looking for a lot of new investigators, and been able to find a bunch too luckily. it's cool. one special story- we are looking at old records and calling them back to see if they want to meet again. some of the records go as far back as 2 years! haha. well I called one record that looked good. It's a family of 4- and they stopped meeting cause they moved to the country so I guess it was pretty far. I felt pretty good about calling them again. It had been maybe a year and 4 months since they met the missionaries. I called and the mother answered, she was really nice and happy to hear from us since she had met the missionaries a lot had happened. The reason they moved to the country was for her husband's health, who had cancer. He passed away last September, so she moved back to town. When we visited she said she had been thinking about finding the missionaries again, but didn't know how to contact us cause our numbers have changed. She really loved the missionaries and the time spent with them. Before they moved an elder dropped a note off at her house that she still had with her in her purse. Hopefully all of these things means she's prepared! haha. I have a lot of hope for them. Her kids are adorable.
Missionary work is so much like a rollercoaster. There's so many ups and downs! It's crazy. I am serious! haha. This transfer especially, there's just so much new stuff going on. I already knew it, but didn't realize until now how stinking inadequate I am. I have to much I need to improve on in order to become a good missionary. You start to feel like you got a hold of it and then God reminds you... nope... and gives you more refining and molding to go through. haha. Yikes, I've got a long way.
Rainy day today, actually it was pouring like crazy this morning. I couldn't believe it. There was a river pouring off of our roof. haha. Sadly we had a hiking trip planned for today. haha it was scortching all week and of course on pday we get rain. haha. We'll try to go next week... hopefully it's good weather.
AH! Time is making me sick! How can I only have like 9-10 months left. I can count that on my two hands. Sick. The sisters I came to the country with die (go home) next transfer. I only have two senior companions still alive in the mission.... but they'll both be gone soon too. I've become one of those old missionaries overnight. Heck! I can't imagine going back to life, school...blah. bleh. blah. haha.
Well not much else. We gotta go, only one computer works today so our time is cut. Love you bunches. CTR.
much love,
Elder Thorkelson
톨커슨 장로
No comments:
Post a Comment