What's Thor and Tristan doing? I guess... what are all the Thorklesons doing? haha. Did Kels and Stacie get my letter?
Your friend on facebook- Insook- she is going to Utah next week to see her daughter get married and said she would call you. haha she's nervous cause her English isn't that good. She might be going to Idaho Falls so I told her to call you so you could meet her. haha. We'll see if she chickens out or not. She is like my aunt, she reminds me of Kera kind of. She told me about Shawn's wrist, keeps me updated on silly things off of facebook. haha.
This last week was really good. I survived my mental war. haha. I was just stressed out but not it's okay. I just deal with it and I am fine.^^ We have some sweet investigators too. We met an AMAZING, GOLDEN girl too, it's awesome.
So, we asked one of our investigators that isn't really progressing... and we are considering dropping... if he knew anyone that was interested in the gospel or our English program. He said yeah and that he'd bring her next time we met to meet us. So he brings this girl. Before we can even introduce ourselves she says this: "hey i don't really have a religion or anything right now, but i think i want to believe the mormon religion. when i was younger i was talking about your beliefs with someone and i had a really good feeling. i've wanted to meet missionaries since then, but just have been really busy with school." WHAT!? haha. she's so prepared. so we met her like that on friday and invited her to come to church. she came...and of all days to come...we have a huge combined missionary work meeting...it took up all of the priesthood and sunday school hours. haha. so stayed for all of it and definitely knows what she is getting herself into. after church we have lunch as a ward every sunday. great for investigators. she stayed and everyone swarmed her and made her feel like a million bucks. even got a ride home from someone. haha then on monday we met her at a Insook's parent's house. they are really cool. my favorite koreans for sure. the grandpa is fluent and english (rare for old people) and kept speaking in korean and english. so she got all confused and thought he was telling her she had to get baptized right then. hahaha...BIG misunderstanding. he was saying that she needs to decide if she wants to know this is true now. to decide if she wants to get baptized now. she just understood baptism and now apparently. anyway we got it all figured out and laughed about it and she said she wasn't ready to get baptized now, but she would later. haha. cool.
I don't know what else to write about, oh we had a really good Zone Conference yesterday. It was fun and uplifting as usual. President and Sister Perriton are the best. I love them. President said that you are Sister Perriton's favorite blog viewer? haha I guess you comment on the mission blog? She likes it. Sometimes I think she must get bored. Keep entertaining her. haha.
Ttell grandma thank you for her quotes and stories that she puts in the end of her letters. I use them often for spiritual thoughts and stuff. I used one quote she sent me in my training at district meeting last week and the AP liked it so much he used it in his training in Zone Conference...and even gave her credit for sending it. ha-ha, so now the whole mission knows my grandma sends me good quotes. ^^ thank you . love you.
Oh No. It started raining and we forgot our umbrellas...haha great! How was dad's birthday?
Tell Braden to stop being a social butterfly long enough to write me. I wrote him like two weeks ago. ㅠ_ㅠ
Well...that's it. I think....yes. okay. I will go now. I haven't eaten lunch yet! ah!!! so hungry. I just ate some icecream though. yum. korean icecream is the best, you'll see once you get here. yum yum! well have a good day! love you! CTR
much love
Elder Thorkelson
톨커슨 장로
No comments:
Post a Comment