Well it's been a great week! HOT week...the weather WOULD be nice if it wasn't so HUMID!!! OH my goodness...just go into the bathroom, leave the hot water on for a minute and then walk in. Welcome to a Korean summer...blah. There was an eclipse yesterday! It was pretty exciting. I think I just sped up the degeneration of my eyes though...the sun is bright! haha. It was a 3/4ths covered by that moon of ours. It was an exciting way to start out the day.
I’ve got a elder here I am going to hook up with Kelsey. He’s perfect for her I think. farmer boy, from Preston Idaho who actually liked the fact she was a FFA queen! haha. every time I see him I tell him hello my future cousin! Hurray for being done with classes! Oh I forgot the 24th of July existed. haha is there a ward float? Any fun booths being set up? scones...mmm...and cotton candy....mmm haha...bad news first. Yesterday we had planned to meet the golden girl and the lame guy who referred her- (who isn't as lame as we thought). Anyway. We were meeting him at 11 and her at 12:30. At like 11:30 she called me up and said that June-Pyoh invited her to learn with him...NO! haha. It's hard cause they are in two different levels in English AND we are teaching two different things in the gospel. It actually ended up really good though...except the member who came to teach with us. That was bad. Our member and the golden girl, Sue-Jean, get along good. The member and June-Pyoh ended up arguing! AH... well, June-Pyoh ended up getting offended cause the member pointed out the flaws of Catholisism and told him he was wrong. Alright so that's not the way to share the gospel. FYI! The lesson ended and June-Pyoh pulled me aside. We chatted. I apologized, and he was suprisingly fine. He still wants to meet! He said he knows his religion isn't right, but that's just his belief so he's going there. Anyway. It’s gonna be good. Our investigators are sweet! we have golden girl, Sue-Jean. we have another golden girl, Autumn (that's actually her korean name. cool huh!), and her mom who invited themselves to church! June-Pyoh is still meeting us so i think he's great, there's two older men in their 40's who we are meeting who are really sincere and want to know who God is and to believe. Another guy who is 40 nammed Sohng-Ge-Young who is the deepest thinker I’ve met. haha. He says he wants to know the truth and has been to Buddhist monks (who of course didn't have a clue) to Christian Priests, to Catholic Fathers and asked them questions. he said he hasn't found the answers yet. I think we can help him. ^^ So there is a lot of potential and I’m positive we'll have a couple baptisms next month! Cross your fingers. Oh we weren't able to meet that mom and kids yet. She got really busy...figures! Satan! All is well in Korea...minus the humidity. I won't miss it. haha. I love being able to leave chips out for more than 4 hours and they not go stale, or have my sweat evaporate off of my body like it's supposed to. haha.
Well, today our investigator is taking us sight seeing! Should be a good trip. Way cheaper than taking a bus too, and faster. Hurray! Talk to you next week!
Much love Elder Thorkelson 톨커슨 장로
No comments:
Post a Comment