I thought the same thing...December?? That means the end of 2009...and then 2010...yuck. Dont' want to think about that. I am absolutely shocked that next week is transfer calls again already. The time NEVER slows down. It just keeps gaining speed....AHH!
Sounds like Thanksgiving was fun! we enjoyed ours to with Dan and Karen. They cooked a delicious Thanksgiving feast and invited a lot of other people over. That's what thanksgiving is, lots of people and lots of food. haha.
Those pictures of the boys are freaky!! I recognize Riley he looks the same...just his teeth are a little bigger. Shawn looks...tall?? Weird. Then braden...I guess that kid kind of looks like Braden!? I'm gonna come home to all these big scarry boys...yikes!
I was soooo happy to see pictuers of Kristina and Rubio! haha! oh how fun! It made my day! I am glad that Elder Rubio is looking out for them. That's right...she hasn't written me yet! I think I wrote her once...and I wrote elder Rubio last too....hmmm....get on it! ^^ Oh yeah last week kayde sent me pics of ally...she's huge! I was so suprised. she was just a baby when I left. gross....haha
We've been seeing a few miracles lately. as usual we've been struggling to find new people to teach. what is the secret? I suppose it's like knowing how many licks it takes to get to the center of a toosie pop...the world will never know. So we can only do everything we know how, knocking, prosolyting, asking members for people we can visit, asking our investigators, calling old investigators back and seeing if the want to meet, putting up advertisements for our free English program...the list goes on! In my last area the english ads worked like magic...but so far we've put up easily over 100 adds in several differents apartments and haven't got more than one call! Odd...so we decided to go door to door on Saturday to try to find someone. We found a sweet kid! We opened the door and he let us in immediately, we taught him a lesson and he came to church the following Sunday! Then on Monday we found another boy Bradens age...maybe the secret in Gongju is knocking?? So far we've found 4 new people...some difficulties have come up with a few of them...(preachers telling them we evil and telling them not to talk to us ever again)...but all we can do is pray for them.
OH! one thing I need you to send is that story about the meaning of Christmas! The one that talks about the Christmas tree, why we use a christmas tree...people here have no clue WHY there is a christmas tree, WHY there is supposed to be a star on the top....they just do it cause that's how America does it. I got FURIOUS the other day. There is a HUGE Christmas tree that got put up. I was really excited to see it...until I saw what was on top, a big glowing red cross. ...what?... Christmas is the celebration of his BIRTH! not his DEATH....I went off for a good 10 minutes on the meaning of Christmas and why there is supposed to be a star or an angel on the top. Anyway, please send that. ^^
Well I must be going. We're going to go to a big temple today to see buddah with the zone. No worries! We're not breaking the commandment of idolatry, just touring.^^ Hopefully the weather holds out, it's sprinkled rain this morning...love you!! Stay healthy and warm!
OH remind me to send a picture to you next week.
Much love
Elder Thorkelson
톨커슨 장로
No comments:
Post a Comment