Hey! "Spring?" is definitely right. wowzers...this morning I woke up to 3 inches of snow. bleh. It is almost all gone now though! Winter is still fighting to be around I guess. haha. It just doesn't know that nobody wants HIM around. someday spring will win...untill then I wait.
I attached some pictures. the first one is of our grandma's baptism. She's so cute. 79? It was a really warm springy day that day...thank goodness since the ward always insists on going outside the building to take pictures. haha.
The other one is the culprate for making my Saturday a crappy one. I was puking all day. I will never eat that seafood soup again...I can't. haha. We actually ordered chinese food for our district meeting and it came with a side of the soup. I took a sip...and gave it to another missionary. Can't eat it anymore. I've always heard of that happening to missionaries where somthing makes them sick, then they can't eat it. always wondered why they felt like that. now I know. haha. amen.
The other picture is just cool. I saw another missionary do it. so I did too.
okay. I packed up a suitcase with all the stuff that i am sending home...I think I might just go ahead and send it by air cause there's so much stuff that I would be really sad if it got ruined. I'm nervous now about that other package that I sent...we'll see how much it costs first anyway.
I haven't not gotten the FAM anything...I've got a bunch of nick-n
acks to give. I just got Amanda somthing that reminded me specifically of her. I found a SWEET tie store, WAY sweet, the ties are all 3 bucks!! Can you even believe it? I bought a few for myself the other day and I will go back next week. It is in Daejeon, they have a whole bunch of cool little traditional things too. I do need to get on it though. I'll go looking today.
The country kids are awesome. Okay there are three of them, the oldest is Jean-Ah she is 13. Then Hyang, she's 10 and the youngest boy is June-Sheek, he's 8. The mother let the oldest girl come to church last sunday and it was great! She met all the other kids. We went to their house the other night and began to teach them the plan of salvation, they are perfect. Kids have perfect faith.
Yesterday we went to one of our member's father's farm to work. His father and mother are not memebers and just happen to be the ward's next goal for baptism. ^^ so I went there, he is a chesnut farmer. Cool huh? We didn't really do anything with the trees though. we just carried about 45-35lb bags up a hill...ah! It was fun! We got to do it with a RM here in our ward who got home a couple of weeks ago. It was interesting to talk to him. He was from another mission and I always wonder how things work in other areas and missions. It's always so different!
Oh yeah- this last Sunday the oldest country kid came to church. It was ward conference! (did i already say this?) ward conference is a really big deal here. they have a huge dinner after! it was delicious! Unfortunately I couldn't stuff myself like normal cause i was puking the day before. haha. so I was a little sore from that, but it was really nice to eat again.
We also started a Korean class for foreigners! Interesting huh? It is so much fun! we so far only have three students, one is a member already. Elder Blotter said in his old area it got to be a big class though! It's fun to teach Korean and it's a really good review for me! All those basic things get forgotten.
Well I am starving and should go get my stuff. didn't hear from the boys this week- they sound busy though! did Riley get SaRang's letter?
Love y'all. it's true....I guess both, my love and the church. haha. read, pray & CTR! it's the key! we met one of our recent converts the other day and she was like, "Satan is always bothering me and trying to make me mad. how do I avoid him!?" haha. I told her those three things, but also added singing her favorite primary hymn. ^^ need a crutch? call on Him^^
talk to ya next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment