Hello to everyone!!
The clouds dispersed and we actually saw the sun for two days this week! It was so amazing. I finally realized why I had been relatively sad for the past few months... winter is not my season. haha. The sun came out and I was instantly a thousand times happier. The temperatures rose enough that I didn't have to wear my super thick jacket, and I was walkin on sunshine. A couple days later, it went back to snow on the ground and frigid temperatures, but those two days were so good! I am ready for summer!
As for daylight saving time... I haven't heard of anything here... I don't know if it changes at all... hmm.. That would be something good to know.
I was talking about grandpa, because he has been to Pakistan quite a few times for Interfaith things, and I thought it was super awesome that we are teaching people from that same land here in Germany :)
There haven't been too many new developments this past week. Things have been pretty mellow. We were able to do do some service for a familiy that is moving, and that was good. We haven't really been able to do a lot of service so it was good to finally be able to use our energy to help others. It's kinda interesting to see the different culture, even in moving from one house to another. The Germans take EVERYTHING with them when they move. The oven, fridge, hardwood floors, sinks, toilets... everything. haha. Even with this, there are culture differences. The apartments and homes in Germany are typically a lot smaller than in America, so that could have something to do with it, maybe?
But anyways... This family that we were helping, is going to give some of their furniture to us! wooo! It's about time that we got some new things, my mattress is shaped like a taco and my spine would like a normal, flat mattress.
Tati is engaged!! woohoo! congratulations! :) That's so awesome. I would love to be there... but... I don't know if that would work out.
This last sunday we gave two talks on missionary work! They actually went really really well. We thought that we were both going to have 10-15 minute talks, so that's what we had prepared for... but when we arrived, they revealed to us that we were to have one 5 minute talk and one 10 minute talk. ah! Elder Spackman spoke for 5 and I spoke for 10. After sacrament meeting, some members of the ward were telling us that those were the best talks in months! :D woohoo! and as a result, 3 families invited us over! haha. It's pretty awesome. I love it when people can see and know that we CAN teach with the spirit, and that they will feel the spirit when we give spiritual thoughts. woo! It was great.
This next week, we are going all the way up to Hamburg for a district-leader-council- training-meeting
thing, which is very far away. So we will be spending the night in
Hildesheim, and then going up the next day. woo! Then later this week we
will be helping that same family again with transporting more things.
They're moving closer to the church! happy day!
The clouds dispersed and we actually saw the sun for two days this week! It was so amazing. I finally realized why I had been relatively sad for the past few months... winter is not my season. haha. The sun came out and I was instantly a thousand times happier. The temperatures rose enough that I didn't have to wear my super thick jacket, and I was walkin on sunshine. A couple days later, it went back to snow on the ground and frigid temperatures, but those two days were so good! I am ready for summer!
As for daylight saving time... I haven't heard of anything here... I don't know if it changes at all... hmm.. That would be something good to know.
I was talking about grandpa, because he has been to Pakistan quite a few times for Interfaith things, and I thought it was super awesome that we are teaching people from that same land here in Germany :)
There haven't been too many new developments this past week. Things have been pretty mellow. We were able to do do some service for a familiy that is moving, and that was good. We haven't really been able to do a lot of service so it was good to finally be able to use our energy to help others. It's kinda interesting to see the different culture, even in moving from one house to another. The Germans take EVERYTHING with them when they move. The oven, fridge, hardwood floors, sinks, toilets... everything. haha. Even with this, there are culture differences. The apartments and homes in Germany are typically a lot smaller than in America, so that could have something to do with it, maybe?
But anyways... This family that we were helping, is going to give some of their furniture to us! wooo! It's about time that we got some new things, my mattress is shaped like a taco and my spine would like a normal, flat mattress.
Tati is engaged!! woohoo! congratulations! :) That's so awesome. I would love to be there... but... I don't know if that would work out.
This last sunday we gave two talks on missionary work! They actually went really really well. We thought that we were both going to have 10-15 minute talks, so that's what we had prepared for... but when we arrived, they revealed to us that we were to have one 5 minute talk and one 10 minute talk. ah! Elder Spackman spoke for 5 and I spoke for 10. After sacrament meeting, some members of the ward were telling us that those were the best talks in months! :D woohoo! and as a result, 3 families invited us over! haha. It's pretty awesome. I love it when people can see and know that we CAN teach with the spirit, and that they will feel the spirit when we give spiritual thoughts. woo! It was great.
This next week, we are going all the way up to Hamburg for a district-leader-council-
Transfer calls will also be on this Saturday... I SHOULD be staying here
in Kassel... but you never know. We'll see how things work out :)
I'm still loving it!
have a great week!
Love,
Elder Braden Thorkelson
I'm still loving it!
have a great week!
Love,
Elder Braden Thorkelson
No comments:
Post a Comment