Saturday, May 25, 2013

May 20, 2013

 We worked out so that we can email at a member family's house! woohoo! So this week we had some awesome stuff happen. We are teaching a Chinese dude about the gospel! He really had absolutely no conception of God or Christianity. We taught him again on Saturday. After we said the opening prayer, he said 'When you guys do that, I feel holy'. It was an awesome lesson. We talked about the importance of knowing that there's a God and that it would bring him so much more happiness than he had ever experienced in life when he found out that he was there. He didn't really understand what we were talking about when we said that... we continued on with the lesson of faith and reading out of 2 Nephi 31 and he began to answer his own doubts and questions. At the end of the lesson, we said the closing prayer. After the prayer, he said to us 'Now I understand. You have so much more happiness than I do' He's going to be praying and finding out that God is there! I know it! :D It's pretty dang wonderful.
  We had a pretty good first lesson with one of the referrals from church HQ, she's super cool and she has a friend that's a member, and her boyfriend is American! woohoo! We stay in good contact with all of them. She's going to read the whole BoM in the next few weeks! super legit.
  So guess what... we don't have a GML right now! ahhh man. sad sad day. Bruder Habermann was released and is now the Young Man leader. I'm guessing that our new Ward Mission Leader will be called in the next coupld of weeks. It's pretty interesting. I don't know who I need to report to or ask questions... okay just kidding. I totally do.. It's the Zweig Präsident... but still. We had this super good relationship with Bruder Habermann and it's sad to see him move on to other callings.
  In other news.... I was able to drive in a Jeep from WWII :D and I held a Rolex watch :)
I hope you all have a wonderful week! I love you!
Elder Braden Thorkelson
Oh, and if you sent a package, I should get it on Freitag... Friday. :) and if that works out, I will send a package back to you soon with my other SD card.

No comments: