Yozers,
Well hey there! It's still rainy here in Texas. It's been rainy for a
whole week now. How gloomy.... But hey! We have had a pretty good
week, as far as investigators and dinners go and everything! But I
will start with the stuff that is good but not like... Important.
Haha. Because you know I gotta end with the best.💁🏼
Well... Oh wait, yeah! It was exchanges this week. I totally forgot!
Lol. Exchanges were sweet! It was first time that I was senior
companion! I went out with Elder Hone, from Cedar City, who is a
transfer behind me. So it was SWEET. Two trainees going at it in the
streets. Haha. Our first lesson was in Spanish, so I got to take the
lead and it was awesome. I was just throwing out the Spanish and it
was sweet just rolling off my tongue and stuff like a native. Then we
rode around and made a good contact and got to talk with a potential
investigator. We had a pretty good lesson with a less active and then
called it a night.... I forgot to get an exchange picture. I am the
worst... Lol
But so yeah, every single dinner this week was tacos. Haha. Like, I
have heard of the missionary "pizza curse" but we have definitely been
cursed with tacos. The other night I had Mole, and it was way good.
Like this weird spicy peanut butter sauce that they put all over
chicken. Super Mexican.
We had some great lessons too. A couple investigators and less active
families went to church yesterday, so I was pumped about that. The
Nuñez family didn't though! Those bums! Haha. But later that night we
drove all the way out to their house for a lesson. It went super well.
We were able to set an official baptism date for the 17th of September
for 4/5 of them... I don't think the grandma is that interested. But
she still loves us. Haha. The mom told us that she is actually getting
super excited and that was awesome to hear! The grandma is so funny
though, she's all like, "you realize what this means right? This isn't
like a game, you gotta feel it in your heart. You're never gonna
change." Haha like cheer up!😂 the mom told us that she is ready to
prove the grandma wrong. Woooo! Take that granny! So anyway, I'm
excited for the progress they are making. It makes me happy.
Also, Graciela, abuelita, is being baptized on September 4th and
that's like a set thing, so I'm excited for that. She is the best.
Except she gave us a whole bottle of straight tomato juice... Lol, old
people. She told us that her and a less active member are gonna be
going to church together from now on, so that's sweet.
All in all, we gotta recognize the little good things that happen in
life. Although it's gloomy outside and you might feel a little down,
just think of all the good little things that have happened. Too
often, we let the negative things be the only things we think about.
Remember the Good! Especially as a missionary. Some things are
discouraging, but as long as your try your best and remember all the
good that you make happen, then you will be more content. God loves us
all! Don't ever think otherwise!
I love y'all! Have a good week wherever you are.
Elder Thorkelson

No comments:
Post a Comment