Monday, August 29, 2016

Day 119, Insectos Grande

Hola hola buenas tardes!

 a vinigaroon or something like that. It's nuts! Haha and harmless!
Unless it squirts vinigar in your eyes. I guess they live here...
Nice. (A Little blurry 😔)

Ojalá yo podría escribir en el español, pero... Pocos entenderían...

Pues, está bien. This week was a good week. It actually went by really
fast and I'm sitting here right now contemplating the things I should
talk about... Hmm... Well let's see. You know what makes missionary
work a lot better? Working with the members. I love the members here.
They are all super sweet. Well and basically all of them are in the
border patrol or in the Air Force, so they are pretty cool guys. You
know the members are sweet once they start giving you suggestions for
lessons and stuff. Like our boy Brother Strayhorn who thought it would
be good to have pizza for a dinner and invite an investigator. That
went really well. It was like a spiritual bro's night.

Oh yeah and earlier this week I went on another exchange with a
rookie, so I was the senior companion again. It was with Elder
Escalera the Puerto Rican. He's awesome and fresh outta high school.
He helped me with my Spanish a bit and taught me how to have a Puerto
Rican accent. So I am pretty pumped. Although it's not necessarily
good around here because everyone is Mexican. Haha. Oh well. I like
it. We had an alright night. One of our citas was canceled so we
mostly just did contacting. We met a couple people with potential, but
that's about it.

 Elder Escalera is focused out of his mind with a huge scorpion lol

We had another great lesson with the Nuñez family! Super great! They
were all excited and the kids were really involved. You should have
heard the prayer that the girl said, it was so perfect and sincere,
"help us all be ready to be baptized on September 17th." 😁Awe boy,
how exciting. This was the fuel I needed this week.

Those goons didn't go to church again though, so dang it they can't be
baptized on September 17th! Lol. They will be baptized though, you
mark my words!

Graciela is still on for being baptized this Sunday, so I am excited.
I'm baptizing her, so that'll be really neat. This is also the last
week of this transfer so some big stuff could be happening next p day.
We will see. 💁🏼

Other than that, not much else happened that was too exciting. Except
we ate dinner with the Young family yesterday. They are nerds. Haha
but I love them! Yeah are both really into science and animals and
stuff so they have lots of pets and critters that they find outside. I
will send some pictures of the crazy things. Super fun. Anyway, I
don't think I have much else to say about this week. You can't always
have a crazy week. 💁🏼

Have a great week! Keep me updated in your lives! I love hearing from y'all!😊
Church is true!
God loves you!
Do the dew! (Baja blast)

Con amor❤️

Elder Thorkelson

A nice comforting Texas sunset



No comments: