Saturday, September 24, 2016

Day 140, Shooting Stars!

Hello.
This week was a great week! It actually flew by so fast, it was crazy.
I swear it was just last Monday... But anyway, that's chill. Fast
weeks are good weeks.

Well first we had zone conference this week with President Polley, and
oh man I love that guy.  He's a retired FBI Agent, but wow, he is just
a huge teddy bear. He's so full of love and care and that's how he
teaches us to be with our investigators. It's great. After that we had
exchanges and I was with elder Christensen, a trainee again. So I got
to drive a truck! It was sweet! Haha. Unfortunately the drive from
Austin takes a while so we didn't get to the York until like 6:37
which left us little time to work... We did teach a guy though, so
that's good. We also saw an above satisfactory rainbow.

Above satisfactory rainbow


 The rest of the week was full of service and driving and teaching...
Yanno, the stuffs. Of course crazy stories about prison from our
investigators (I swear everyone has been to prison, lol). This one
guy, Daniel, was like, "I just wanna know why I felt so amazing after
reading the Book of Mormon!?" We are like, dood get baptized! Haha,
nah we had to go, but we are probably gonna ask him this week. He's
sweet.

Friday... Was my birthday.. Weird, I turned 20. I'm basically an old
man now. Haha. But it was a sweet day. My companion is like, hey get
in the car, we gotta go. Then we went and got a ton of donuts. We got
fat. Then my companion made us this yummy chicken Alfredo stuff. We
got fat. Then we worked the area and stuff with our boy Brother
Dalton. This guy is an amazing example to me, just doing his best to
be Christlike after coming back to the church like 7 months ago. He's
gone through a lot of stuff that's the opposite of good, but he's just
turning completely outward. What a guy. Anyway, he took us out to eat
and we ate a lot of food and then we got blizzards... We got fat. 😛
Oh and an investigator, Steven, gave us some cologne... Called Sexy
Secret... Lol, Steven is quite a character..

The next day, we worked out hard. Haha I almost died but it felt so
good after. Haha what a life.

Last night we sat on top of the camper while we wrote in our journals.
That was a good time. Elder Simmons sang (worldly) songs to me, how
nice. Then I saw 3 shooting stars, so that was neat. Space is weird...

Man, the mission is sweet. Our focus is basically making people happy,
when it comes down to it. We don't have anything to worry about except
helping people understand how they can find peace in their lives.
That's a pretty sweet gig. Peace is cool.

I love you all! Thanks for your support! Don't be dumb!

🐼 Elder Thorkelson

📨 P.O. Box 766
📬 Yorktown, Texas 78164

Cool Catholic Church

No comments: