This week was pretty good!
Mondee, we had zone P-Day. It was pretty neat. Played dodgeball, and
wrecked some people and dodged the ball pretty well. Then we attempted
volleyball, but the net wasn't fitting...The only downside was when I
jumped up and a volleyball snuck under my feet and I landed on top and
pretty much broke my foot for a few days. The mission nurse, said that
there were probably no broken bones.... So Yanno. It's all good. I
have a nasty bruise on it right now, but for the most part, it's fine.
Me and Elder Christensen found a bunch of new people his last few days
here, so in essence, we got new characters for this next season of
"Elder Thorkelson in Texas." I'm excited for what that brings.
Transfers were pretty intense, because, well first of all, we drove to
San Antonio the night before and I haven't driven in a real city in
ages. But it is fine. When we got there, i noticed a noise. The sound
of air shrieking out of a tire in fact. Yes, the tire had a huge gash
in it, we were lucky that we made it! So then we had to put on the
spare and such that night. Yanno, manly things. 💁🏼♂️
The next day, I met my trainee (the missionary I'm training). His name
is Elder Hall from Eagle, Idaho. He's a pretty neat guy. He likes
going to concerts and fun stuff like that, so we were able to relate.
We got a long pretty well, but he eats like a cow! 😂 jeez. He's not
afraid to talk to people and it doesn't really feel like I'm training
him so far... What a guy.
| The new comp, Elder Hall from Eagle, Idaho |
His first day in the field we had two solid member present lessons, so
he got pumped.
Also, at transfers I got to see my good friend Amanda Dalling! She's
training too, so that's fun. It's always nice to see a familiar face
from back home. What a hoot.
We met a sweet guy, who is homeless and making a documentary about
being homeless. He was super chill, the only probably is that there is
not a good place to meet him because he's like... Homeless. Haha.
Oh and I dug my second grave on Saturday!! Lolz, we visited a less
active member and they were out in the back digging a grave because
their donkey died. What a shame. He was an old donkey. I love digging
holes. It makes me happy.
| One of my investigators takes care of a bunch of Guinea pigs. Hah. |
Anyway, the life is good and prayer is really cool. Prayer can help
you get through anything, that is, if you have the faith. I know that
if you pray with real intent, you can receive the strength to
accomplish things and to develop more Christ like attributes.
But yeah, that's about it this week.
Love y'all!❤️
Elder Thorkelson
P.O. Box 766
Yorktown, Texas 78164
No comments:
Post a Comment