Monday, March 20, 2017

Día 315 Sausage and so Forth

Hi.
¡Una otra semana exitosa! Pues, cada semana esta bien en maneras únicas.

Cool story to follow up with my email last week! That guy who we met
last week who said his Dad used to go to our church... Well, we went
to his house and come to find out he's a member and baptized all his
kids! He stopped going when they moved the location of the church
building.. His address isn't in LDS Tools but we found him. 😁He's
like 84 years old and I will describe him as such: 🎅🏿 except a
classy French hat instead ~ anyway we got talking and he confirmed his
testimony of the Book of Mormon. He knows it's true and just got out
of the habit. He showed us his book of Mormon which was the only thing
that survived a house fire. The Cover was melted and such, but the
pages were fine. We then talked about going to the temple and he still
has a deep interest and wants to do that. He asked for a section to
read out of the Book of Mormon and we will be helping him work towards
that goal. So cool! Who woulda thought?! I know I met his son for a
reason that day!

Also that same day I assisted in the making of sausage! And it was
disgusting! Hahaha. Service in Yorktown always likes to throw
something new at me. Basically you take the freshly ground up meat and
stick it in a device that smooshes it our of a tube. At the end of the
tube you attach a nice long piece of pig intestine lining. Yummy. Then
you turn the crank and watch the meat ooze out and fill up the lining.
When it gets about bun length, you give it a twist and continue
cranking. How fascinating. That was l probably be the only time I will
ever do that in my life Haha.



We also had district meeting... I forgot about that until now. But we
drove all 60 miles to Seguin just because I felt like it. And because
I wanted to see the zone leaders and new district leader. They are all
hoots and I enjoy their presence. Our miles definitely suffer around
here.. Haha. I gave a training and the focus line was that members of
the church are the salt to the pretzel. The oreo to the ice cream. The
pecan to the oreo. Members are like pecans! IT ADDS (Dumb YouTube
video reference). So that was a good time. Wish we had more "pecans"
in Yorktown, but you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes when you are
in a small Branch.



I allowed my companion to find out the hard way how few preisthood
holders there are. I needed to open his eyes somehow, so we went
through every name and made a list. The list was very small.

We had a lot of lessons. 4 people at church again yesterday. They
introduced themselves and said "we've been looking for a church and I
think we found the right one." That made me joyful. Things are going
swell around here. The flowers are all blooming and there are wild
flowers everywhere along the roads. It's really neat.

Love y'all! Have a very merry day and don't be dumb. ❤️

Elder Thorkelson

P.O. Box 766
Yorktown, Texas 78164

No comments: